8:50 am Chair’s Opening Remarks
Highlighting Research Efforts in Novel Cytokines
9:00 am A Novel Design of Procytokines for Improvement of Product Manufacturability and the Therapeutic Window for Cancer Immunotherapy
- Harry Zhou CEO, Proviva Therapeutics
- Design and Optimization ProIL-2 and ProIL-15 Platforms
- Strategies for Optimizing Drug Exposure, Improving Potency, and
- Minimizing toxicity
- Case Studies on PD-1 Targeted Procytokines
9:30 am Targeting Delivery of IL-15 to PD-L1 Expressing Tumors With An Anti- PD-L1 IgM Antibody
- Thierry Giffon Senior Scientist, IGM Biosciences
- IGM-7354 is an anti-PD-L1 pentameric high affinity, high avidity IgM engineered with an IL-15 fused to the joining chain designed to deliver IL-15 to PD-L1 expressing tumors to enhance anti-tumor immune responses
- Properties include more potent PD-L1 binding and blockade of PD-1 than an IgG antibody, potent proliferation of NK, CD8+ T cells, reversal of T cell exhaustion, dose-dependent cytotoxicity of cancer cells in vitro, and additivity and/or potential synergy with antibodies mediating ADCC.
- In vivo, IGM-7354 dose-dependently increased circulating NK and CD8+ T cells which correlated with tumor regressions. IGM-7354 was well tolerated in cynomolgus monkeys and dose dependently induced the proliferation of peripheral NK, CD8+ and γδ T cells.
Join us for face-to-face networking. We will pair you up with fellow attendees so you can get one on one time with the brightest minds working in the cytokine field
for you to establish meaningful relationships.
11:00 am IL-7, the great forgotten
- Sara Ferrando-Martinez Lead Scientist, NeoImmuneTech Inc.
- IL-7 biology and therapeutic potential
- IL-7 clinical development
- NT-I7; the next-generation long-acting IL-7
Optimizing Dose & Scheduling Strategies
11:30 am XTX301, a half-life extended, tumor-selective IL-12, exerts potent anti-tumor activity in mice and has the potential to widen the therapeutic index of IL-12 treatment.
- Ekta Patel Director - Translational Biomarkers, Xilio Therapeutics Inc.
- mXTX301 potently inhibits tumor growth in a syngeneic mouse model.
- XTX301 is well-tolerated in a repeat dose non-GLP non-human primate study.
- XTX301 may exert potent anti-tumor activity while widening the potential therapeutic index of IL-12 treatment.
Lunch & Networking Break
Exploring Combination Therapy Approaches
1:00 pm SOT201 is a novel targeted IL-15RBy agonist to alleviate PD-1- mediated immune cell suppression and potentiate anti-tumor efficacy
- Irena Adkins Director - Pharmacology, SOTIO
- SOT201 is a novel immunocytokine consisting of a monoclonal humanized, Fc silenced antibody against PD-1 fused to a covalent RLI-15 complex of a human IL-15 mutein linked to the high-affinity binding site of the IL-15R, the sushi+ domain developed for immunotherapeutic treatment of various types of cancers.
- The activity of SOT201 is based on spatiotemporal reinvigorating of anti-tumor immune responses by disrupting co-inhibitory T-cell signaling by blocking PD-1 and synergistically activating adaptive as well as innate immunity by IL-15- mediated signaling via the IL-2/IL-15 receptor on T cells, NK, NKT, and γδ T cells.
- SOT201 currently being prepared for Phase I clinical trial approval displays favorable pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic properties and induces strong anti-tumor immunity in various tumor mouse models.
1:30 pm Emerging clinical data with nemvaleukin alfa, a novel, engineered cytokine as monotherapy and in combination with pembrolizumab in multiple tumor types
- Heather Losey Senior Director, Research Program Lead, Oncology, Alkermes
- Overview of nemvaleukin’s design and mechanism of action via targeting the intermediate-affinity IL-2 receptor
- Deep dive into our melanoma and RCC monotherapy clinical activity and next steps
- Ovarian data in combination with pembrolizumab and how we are pursuing these clinical signals in a systematic way
2:00 pm Antibody-cytokine fusion proteins against Fibroblast Activation Protein (FAP)
- Roberto De Luca Head of Therapeutic Antibodies, Philochem
- A novel fully human monoclonal antibody against FAP has been isolated
- The antibody was fused to a cytokine payload
- The therapeutic activity was evaluated in mouse models of cancer
Better Understanding Cytotoxicity to Improve Safety & Efficacy
3:00 pm Engineering IL-12 for tumor specific cytotoxicity results in enhanced therapeutic window
- Kevin Haworth Pharmacology Scientist, Zymeworks
- Multiple attenuating components help to mask IL-12 off-tumor mediated cytotoxicity
- Tumor specific activation of IL12-Fc elicits a potent anti-tumor activity in xenograft models
- No dose limiting toxicity observed in cynomolgus monkeys at levels well above expected therapeutic doses
3:30 pm T Cell Targeted Cytokines: Redefining Biodistribution to Improve Safety and Efficacy
- Stefano Gulla Senior Director - Pharmacology & Preclinical Development, Repertoire Immune Medicines
- CD8 targeting drives efficient biodistribution of cytokine payloads on target cells and reduces systemic exposure
- In vivo efficacy and pharmacology of CD8 targeted cytokines
- Preclinical development of a first-in-class CD8 targeted IL-12 for oncology
4:00 pm Selective Cell Type Targeting Improves Anti-tumor Activity and Safety of Cytokines
- Nathan Matthewson Cell Therapy Lead, Asher Biotherapeutics Inc.
- Asher Bio’s cis-targeting platform generates cell type selective immunomodulators
- Selective activation of CD8+ T cells by a CD8-targeted IL-2 results in enhanced anti-tumor activity and safety
- CAR-targeted IL-2 drives selective CAR-T cell expansion and improves anti-tumor activity